Welcome to the ultimate autumn ultra challenge!
The KUTC challenges you to run an out-and-back trail from Saksvik to Solemsvåttan as many times as you can within the given time limits. Test your own limits!
- Make it 4 times to do the 'fun run'
- Make it 7 times to be a real ultra-trail runner (> 42.2 km)
- Make it 8, 12 or 15 times to reach the classic ultra distances of 50 km, 50 miles or 100 km
- Make it 24 times to run 100 miles, climb Mount Everest... and be a legend!
- Make it 25 times to earn the maximum of six ITRA points!
In general, the race takes place on the third Saturday in October. Deviations may occur, so please check the exact date for any given year!
If you're aiming mainly for the ITRA points, then this is probably some of the hardest earned points you can get! The ITRA rules 'punishes' looped races such as this. Also, the race takes place at a time of year when you have a good chance of fighting the weather, darkness and fierce trail conditions in addition to the normal challenges with huge ascents, tough descents, ultra distance fatigue, calorie deficit and, if nothing else breaks you; possible sleep deprivation.
All good fun for us crazy ultra adicts though :)
You can find more information if you follow the links in the top menu under "KUTC":
- General information on rules, fees, logistics etc.
- The course description with pictures, profile etc.
- Registration: How to sign up for the race
- Startlist: Who has signed up so far
- Downloads: Race Manual, gpx file and possibly other useful material available for download
- History from previous years, including a 'hall of fame' with accumulated results per participant
When a race is in progress, you can follow it via the "LIVE" link in the top menu.